HOOFPRIME HOOF DRESSING 900ML WITH APLLICATOR BRUSH LID
Strengthens, nourishes and protects the hoof.
What is HoofPRIME?
HoofPRIME is a dressing formulated to penetrate the hoof wall and provide nourishment to the inner and outer structures of the hoof wall, ensuring that strength and flexibility are maintained.
How does HoofPRIME work?
During the hot, dry conditions of summer, the hoof has the task of cushioning the impact of a moving 500kg horse. A combination of hard, unyielding surfaces and brittle hooves provides a recipe for subsequent hoof damage and potential lameness. Hooves that are not maintained properly can dry out and lose flexibility, as well as become prone to conditions such as contracted heels, navicular syndrome (continual impact of the toe on hard surfaces) and sand cracks.
Autumn and winter are arguably the harshest times of the year for many reasons – temperature variations, wet weather, muddy conditions, less sunlight, no time. We all know the hassles of living in cold, wet weather. While we tend to focus on protecting our horses’ bodies with multiple layers of rugs, the hooves bear the brunt of harsh winter conditions. The hooves may absorb more water and become soft/pliable. This provides an opportunity for organisms to break through the protective barrier of the hoof wall and result in infection.
Features & Benefits
- Strengthens, protects and nourishes the hoof wall.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties reduce the risk of infection.
- Great for use on cracked, dry, brittle hooves.
- Suitable for use in all weather conditions.
- Can be used to provide protection after minor hoof damage and shoeing.
- Venice turpentine
- Pine tar
- Fish oil
- Wheatgerm oil
- Neatsfoot oil
- Linseed oil
- Olive oil
Directions for use
- Cleanse horse’s hooves thoroughly, then apply HoofPRIME dressing with a brush. Cover the entire hoof, working well into the hairline and around the frog.
- Apply every alternate day under normal conditions or as required. May be used daily during dry weather or if the hooves are hard and brittle.